VPA Choir Auditions for the 2017-2018 school year will be as follows:
- Tuesday, May 30 & Thursday, June 1, 2017, Sign up for a time here
VPA Choirs are a yearlong commitment. To find out more about a specific choir, and to find answers to questions about the commitment, please see the Choirs menu above and navigate to your specific choirs.
*Students who want to remain in their current choir do not need to re-audition*
- Come prepared
Vocal Audition for FirstNote Choir, Girls Chorus, and Noteworthy Boys Ensemble: Students have the option of singing a prepared solo, or singing My Country Tis of Thee alone or in a group. This is an evaluation time for pitch matching and memory where tone characteristics and experience are noted. There is no sight reading required. No previous experience is necessaryVocal Audition for Notables, Footnotes, Gracenotes and Keynotes: Students should come prepared to sing 32 bars of a song of choice using good diction, intonation, and vocal production. Recommended genres are Broadway, hymns, folk or art songs. Please avoid Pop music. Bring a recording to sing with or an accompanist. Please do not ask to sing unaccompanied. Students will also be asked to sing a scale and sight-read a short selection. 1-2+ years’ previous choir experience recommended.
- There is a written test for Notables, FN, GN, KN choirs – Please set aside time to complete this before or after your vocal audition.
- There are dance auditions for show choirs as well. Anyone auditioning for a show choir should sign up for a vocal audition AND sign up for and plan to attend the dance audition time as noted:
- *Ladies–Footnotes and Gracenotes Dance Audition: Tuesday, May 31st 3:30-5:00 (do not schedule a vocal audition during this time frame)
- *Gentlemen–Keynotes Dance Audition: Thursday, June 1st 3:30-5:00 (do not schedule a local audition during this time frame)
- Come prepared
Please bring a completed Audition Form as well as a current photo to your audition. We look forward to seeing you and having you as a part of our VPA family!
After you audition
You will be notified of your placement in a choir. Instructions will be given on how to register and pay the fees. Note: Choir enrollment is for the whole school year, and consistent attendance is required. Tuition is based on enrollment and refunds for not completing the whole year will not be issued. This policy enables optimal growth for our students and their choir mates.
VPA Theater Auditions for the summer and 2016-2017 school year will be as follows:
- June 7, 2016. For musical production (grades K-12). Check here for details and sign-ups.